In our last session we learnt about header, footer, hgroup, figure and figure caption tags.One thing you can notice is that these tags are replacement of our traditional div tag in HTML 4 and rather more specific and categorized.There are a few more tags before we move into our next topic.
- <time>-Time tag is used to define date or time.
- <section> -Section tag is used to represent a section within an article(Behaves just like a subheading in an essay).
- <nav>-nav tag is used for declaring a navigational section of a html document(Similar to grouping multiple links at the bottom of the page).
- <progress>-Progress tag is used for representing the progress of a task(Similar to progress bar which shows how much you have downloaded or installed).
- <meter>-Meter tag is used for indicating a scalar measurement within a known range or fractional value(Representing data by parts or in fractions).
It looks something like this:
Now open notepad and try using the above tags.save it as index.html and open it in your browser.Have fun and stay tuned for the next tutorial.If you have any doubts, feel free to comment and we will get back to you with your doubts.you can Download the source file here.
Stay tuned for more.